The President of JWRF, Mr. Shigemoto Kajihara was appointed to the Advisory Council of AEPW (Alliance to End Plastic Waste).2021.06.23
The President of JWRF, Mr. Shigemoto Kajihara was appointed to the Advisory Council of AEPW (Alliance to End Plastic Waste), an international non-profit organisation.
Singapore, June 1, 2021 - The Alliance to End Plastic Waste (Alliance) convened the inaugural meeting of its Advisory Council today. The senior-level, external advisory group comprises global environmental policy and opinion leaders from governments, intergovernmental organisations, civil society, and academia. Together, they will provide expert advice and recommendations to the Alliance on its strategy and priorities.
Members were selected for their knowledge, experience and recognised contributions to the mission to end plastic waste in the environment. They also demonstrate leadership in addressing issues relating to plastic waste management and environmental protection.
The council members are:
- Yvonne Aki-Sawyerr OBE, Mayor of Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Navneet Chadha, Regional Circular Economy Lead, International Finance Corporation, World Bank Group, Thailand
- Professor Linda Godfrey, Manager: Waste Research, Development and Innovation Roadmap; Principal Scientist, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, South Africa
- Keefe Harrison, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Recycling Partnership, USA
- Shigemoto Kajihara, President, Japan Waste Research Foundation (JWRF), Japan
- Leah Karrer, Senior Environment Officer, Global Environment Facility (GEF), USA
- Daoji Li, Professor and Director of Plastic Marine Debris Research Centre, East China Normal University, China
- Carlos Silva Filho, President of International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), Brazil